- TheWeekend Warrior: Every Weekend Are Cheat Days?!?
In a Nutshell:
8 Week Weight Loss Program: Total Days: 62 Days
44 days of clean eating in a caloric deficit (Monday- Friday for 8 weeks)
18 days of dirty overeating for 8 weekends straight
= Almost 3 Weeks of Bad Eating! = NO RESULTS= Wasting Your Time!
Solution: Maintain a consistent calorie deficit daily
2. Low Protein ConsumptionProtein helps with recovery and repairing damaged muscle fibers after tough workouts. Many of us are so quick to grab a protein shake after a workout but fail to eat enough protein throughout the day.
Here are some reasons why you should have an adequate amount of protein daily:
- Protein has the highest thermogenic effect out of carbohydrates and fats. It takes more calories to break down and digest protein after a meal. This is why it is important to add protein to every meal to take advantage of the additional calories being used to break the protein into a usable form.
- Every Trainers Favorite Saying: “The more lean muscle you have the more calories you will burn.” Now, this doesn’t mean that you have to be Arnold Schwarzenegger people. It simply means that repairing damaged muscle fibers, maintaining and/or gaining new lean muscle requires additional calories. More calories used by the body= more calories burned
- Every cell in your body is made up of protein so you have to constantly repair and replace them daily.
- General Population: Consume around 0.7-1g per pound of protein daily
3.Not Lifting Heavy EnoughThis is a major problem I see amongst men and women. As soon as weight loss season comes around most people decide to do a million reps for every exercise in the gym. Weight lifting is meant to be weight lifting and cardio is meant to be cardio! Do not try to turn your entire weightlifting routine into some weird aerobic type of workout (unless you want to, I will not judge you). Lifting heavy and overloading the muscle is important for maintaining your lean muscle mass and progression in weights.
Solution #1: Stick with what got you your muscles in the first place, LIFT HEAVY!
Solution #2: Start lifting heavier if you haven’t and challenge yourself; enjoy the benefits of having additional lean muscle mass. Trust me you will look great!
Here's a link to my video that goes into detail about these weight loss tips: